Cornerstone Music Cafe Covid-19 policy
In March 2020, when the Covid-19 crisis forced the province to shut down, all of our music lessons moved online. Students and teachers have shown adaptability and creativity resulting in online lesson success!
We are making ongoing decisions based on the guidelines put in place by the Government and Public Health Officials. As an educational institution, we will also follow the lead of the Calgary Board of Education, who have conducted extensive research on how to proceed safely. As of August 1, the government has give schools the green light to open. Students and teachers are permitted to meet in person once again, with 2 important caveats:
1. We ask that standard precautions are taken:
Please wash and/or sanitize hands upon entry and after touching any common surfaces. (Keyboards and doorknobs etc will be disinfected by the teacher between each lesson.
- Be mindful of distancing as much as possible.
- Please wear a mask where 2 metres of distance can’t be kept. This may include the waiting area, as well as the teaching space.
2. If you or anyone in your household is experiencing any cold-like symptoms, we ask that you stay home. Teachers and students are required to be prepared to conduct lessons online so that we can keep our community safe without having student miss out on lessons.
Cold-like symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing (new or worsening)
- Cough (new cough or worsening chronic cough)
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Painful swallowing
- Stuffy nose
- Muscle or joint aches
- Feeling unwell, fatigue or severe exhaustion
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or unexplained loss of appetite)
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Conjunctivitis, commonly known as pink eye
As the Covid-19 situation may change rapidly at any time, we ask that communication be open and ongoing as it pertains to the safety of any member of our community. If at any point, you fear you may have been exposed or feel you are at greater risk, please speak to the office and/or your instructor. If you are uncomfortable speaking directly to the teacher, we are here to help you. We ask the same of our teachers and will act with your best interest in mind at all times
*These policies will evolve as we gain more information in the months to come.